The latest Halo Infinite update is still a little ways off, given that Season 4 dropped recently. Judging by how release dates have been going for the last few seasons, we can make a decent guess at when Season 5 will drop, however.
Available on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One, Halo Infinite has enjoyed numerous quality-of-life updates, tweaks, and additions since its release. This has been especially true of Season 4, which began June 2023. New maps, balance tweaks and even entirely new game modes have been added to the Halo Infinite melting pot since the season began. With Season 5 on the horizon, it’s likely that we’ll see even more fan favorite modes added in the future.
Though the Halo Infinite multiplayer is free-to-play, each of the game’s seasons includes its own Battle Pass, which is easily the most efficient way to acquire cosmetics and armor variants for your Spartan. However, 343 often puts out special events which allow anyone to unlock unique armor sets and other special rewards. Read on to find out more.
Halo Infinite Update: cut to the chase
- What is it? Season 5 of Halo Infinite multiplayer
- When can I play it? Likely October 18, 2023
- What Can I play it on? Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC
Halo Infinite season 5 release date and platforms
Halo Infinite Season 5 will likely launch on October 17 or October 18, according to the current in-game timer. This makes sense, given that Season 4 dropped on June 20, and at the moment there’s roughly four months in each season. This is subject to change of course, as Halo Infinite can be a little inconsistent with its timings. If things do change, we’ll update this section.
Halo Infinite Update: Trailers
The latest Halo Infinite trailer was for Season 4: Infection. The update arrived June 20, 2023, and added the long-awaited infection mode, as well as new maps and equipment. Check it out below:
The official Halo YouTube channel is the best place to go for the latest trailers and updates for Halo Infinite. There you can find the Winter Update launch trailer as well as numerous audio-visual offerings for past events and releases. In a special treat for lore fans, the channel also boasts a selection of free audiobooks, often themed around new Halo Infinite events.
Halo Infinite new maps
Season 4 brought with it two fresh maps. The first is a new Arena Map called Forest. It is described as follows:
“Forest combines mystery and mayhem, located on a dense jungle world that is rife with ancient intrigue. This asymmetrical Arena map features fascinating stone structures, tranquil outdoor spaces, cascading waterfalls, towering woodlands, and rocky cliff faces that contrast its narrow indoor corridors.”
Then there’s a new Big Team Battle Map called Scarr:
“Scarr brings us to the mechanized heart of a massive Banished mining operation that will serve as a new space for big team combat, featuring vehicular action, teleporters, kinetic launchers, and all the BTB chaos you know and love.”
Halo Infinite new modes
The latest mode added to Halo Infinite Season 4: Infection is, unsurprisingly, Infection. This is a fan-favorite that has been part of the series for a very long time indeed. Here are the rules:
- Infection is a round-based mode where one team (Infected) converts enemy players (Survivors) to their team upon killing them.
- Each round, a limited number of players are selected to be Infected—these are Alpha Infected, who have more aggressive Iratus-themed effects applied to them. Those they kill are converted to Beta Infected.
- Survivors begin with limited supplies, meaning they’ll have to acquire additional weapons, equipment, and ammunition from the map. Their objective is to survive until the end of the round.
- The goal of the Infected is to eliminate all Survivors. The last Survivor (the Last Spartan Standing) has special traits applied to them, such as Overshield and infinite ammo, but a nav point will reveal their location to all Infected.
Halo Infinite Update: Patch notes
If you’re interested in more details about Halo Infinite’s Season 4 update, including balance changes and adjustments to weapon spawn locations, all the info can be found in the official patch notes.
That’s everything you need to know about the current season of Halo Infinite. For more, be sure to check out our picks for the best FPS games you can play right now.